A friend of mine sent me the link to this great cartoon called Yehuda Moon & the Kickstand Cyclery. It is all about urban cycling and life owning a bike shop. The strip of yesterday is about fixed gear bikes and that there is no need to worry when they are stolen as many people cannot ride them.
Here are some more cartoon strips that I really like:
- There is fun in winter commuting but it is hard to understand for those that always drive cars
- This one reminded me of my luck this winter that each time I cleaned my bike it snowed again
- If you want to be a hard core daily commuter then you got to stick to it
- Is it better to kill others or be in danger of hurting yourself
- This one gives great marketing advice for any bike shop owner – the shop runs better after Yehuda paints illegal bike lanes all around the city. And with that he has the nice bike lanes that he can use for his daily commute.
- The current speed on Beijing’s road makes it look like they are walking their cars, or maybe better call it parking
- This one is as if they had taken my concept of having Natooke a place where cyclists hang out. I love this. Even though for some it is hard to understand this concept in the beginning.
- It is really tough to get up at 4:30am or 5:00 am for a bike ride, but it is worth it, especially when we start riding from my shop.
- I have seen some Chinese cyclists with so many fancy and weird gadgets on their handlebars. Shannon met a whole group of them in Beijing with walky talkies signaling each other that the traffic light turned red or there is a pothole ahead.
- I ride both fixed as well as road bike so I have two sets of cycling clothing, on the one hand the cool urban bike fashion and on the other hand the “real cyclists” lycra (spandex) jerseys. You just have to dress to go with the style of bike your ride.
- Big corporations started introducing the casual Fridays where you can dress business casual rather than formal. Should I also introduce spandex Wednesdays at my Natooke bike shop because that is usually the day where I do the early morning road bike rides and am already wearing the spandex? Or should I follow the suggestion of friends and wear a nurse costume instead?
- How great! The cartoon even has a female engineer that used to work for a big corporation now work at the local bike shop. This is so cool! It reminds me of myself 🙂
- Encouraging words to people that cycle every day especially on those days where they nearly got hit by a car.
- Why is it more difficult to get a city to make bike lanes compared to making roads?
- If you ride with road or mountain bikers you usually only see them in their bikes clothes. This is so typical.
- Convinced cyclist running a bike shop
- Fede has bike bags and I do not. Recently he had bought a new one and our conversation was exactly like this one.
- I also have heard bikes after a long break rattle. Chocolate also makes the same sound when feeling lonely in the kitchen.
Well there are many other good ones. I love Yehuda Moon, Joe, Thistle and the Kickstand Cyclery!